Friday, September 9, 2016

The Temple

I don't know how or why, but somehow my kids have a very strong testimony of the spiritual power that comes from going to the temple. One of their biggest concerns with the move to Hawaii was whether we would be able to attend the temple regularly just like we did in Provo.

I'm 100% certain I wasn't concerned about the temple when I was their age. Good thing their mom and grandparents are influences on them.

Tonight Isaac, Maile, Angela and I went to the temple to do temple baptisms. It was a special evening since our former stake president, John Bell, was working the temple tonight and was there to greet us in the baptistry! And then I saw another familiar face, Herbert Mahelona, who I remember was a seminary teacher when I was in high school, and who is the father of my friend Herbie Mahelona who is an amazing musician.

And we had the baptistry all to ourselves tonight. It was just the Chocks. Pretty cool.

What a pleasant evening. Grateful.








No comments: