Thursday, December 15, 2016

Isaac Mish #1

Como Un Bebe

I´m so happy to be emailing but I only have 5 minutes so this is going to have to be brief.
I arrived here with all the other missionaries from Norteamerica, and at first I was in a trio companionship with them. They were really loud and hard to get focused but I love them so much! I learned so much from them. One day it was going hard and I decided to ask one of them why they were here. One by one we all went around and talked about why we were here... Tears were shed it was pretty great. Definitely inspiration, eh?...

After the first few days though, I was doing spanish so well that I´ve been moved to a completely Latino district. My new companion is Elder Correa, he is SO amazing. When we first met I was pretty sure he´s the perfect missionary... Probably one of the 3 nephites or something. Nonetheless I think it´s testing both of our patience to be un compañerismo porque he is really fast and organized and I´m like a baby in spanish... However, we call ourselves the dream team. We learn so much from each other and I´m really grateful he´s my companion.

So... Yeah, having all the classes and every part of my day in spanish and having to already teach in spanish is EXCITING. But I admit that it´s really REALLY humbling. I´m like a baby in a lot of ways, haha. I guess that´s all the Lord needs is someone who´s willing, eh? It´s been interesting not being able to express myself- I feel like I´ve been reading the scriptures and talking about them my entire life, but now I have to start at level one. It really strengthens my belief in God being able to fill all of the empty spaces in me. I really love it.

The food here is great. The Latinos were really incredulous when I said that I had the best hamburger in my life here... ´But you´re from los Estados Unidos!¨ Jaja, man I love it here.

We get to go through the temple soon, in our planner mi compañero y yo put huge smiley faces and stuff. WOOHOO! EL TEMPLO!!!

I love how all the cultures mix here... I think that most of the Norteamericanos keep themselves separate, sometimes it´s felt like West Side Story... But I think the spirit of the work really destroys all of that. We´re all equals here, and I feel like I´m helping to bridge the gap between los Norteamericanos and the Latinos... They call me a Latino Truche, or a fake one for now, haha. Another kinda nickname I´ve picked up is Chock Norris... Haha, the Latinos always yell CHOCK! When I pass by, they just really love me. I think it´s because I communicate with them and do my best even though I´m like a baby in Spanish... I make mistakes but they just laugh and help me out. 

Man, sometimes though, it´s like my brain is competamente VACIO... Haha. So humbling. I love it. And somehow, the ´Dream Team´ seems to be doing perfectly well. I know both of us are exactly where the Lord wants us to be. We are equal partners, even though my compañero is a recent convert and I was born in the church, and he is a perfect spanish speaker and I am a spanish baby. He always says, ¨You are my best friend, Chock. Te amo.¨ He is a really good example of Christlike love, compassion, patience, and yeah. I am learning a lot from him.

I miss dancing. ;) And also, for some reason when we play futbol it´s okay to get really aggressive and keep score (it´s just super super fun. ;) ) but when we play volleyball we´re not allowed to... I was like, what? Haha I think it´s more fun to be competitive, it doesn´t have to be... angry? Enojado? Ay... Anyhow, Yo se que todos las reglas son importantes.

There´s so much cool culture stuff in all the different paises that the missionaries are from... We´re from all over the americas. So cool.

The other day, I somehow ended up singing some Marc Anthony, hehe... People ask me to sing Marc Anthony all the time now, HAHA! Haha, it´s awesome, and I get kinda shy, but I´m glad I listened to all that salsa before my mission. People thought it was weird but... Yeah it´s just awesome. 

I had pictures, but I don´t have a cord. I´ll have to figure out next week. 

LES AMO!!! Haha, we say that all the time here. LES AMAMOS! Haha. 

I am glad to know I´m exactly where the Lord wants me. I love you all, and I think that you can also know that the Lord is very, very aware of you if you will pray to Him.

I love you all very, very much. My friend Bayanda would make fun of me for that haha but that´s okay.

Sincerely, 
Elder Chock

No comments: