Wednesday, August 31, 2016

A Visit From the Bishop

Not that it was required for me to feel finally welcome here in Hawaii, I've felt more than welcome already. But there really is something special about having a fellow priesthood holder come visit me and my family in my new...digs. Still adjusting to calling it home at this point. All part of the process.

And when that fellow priesthood holder is our bishop, even better.

Rebecca and I commented on how we could feel a change, a calm, warm spirit, enter our home when he came in. We hadn't finished cleaning up the mess from dinner yet and we were wrangling kids to help clean up when he showed up. He even offered to help us clean up! 

And when we finally were able to sit down together with him, we were able to "talk story" and get to know each other. Such a great story he shared, starting in Tonga, then to New Zealand, finally to Hawaii. Uplifting and humbling story. And he shared it all with a self-deprecating laugh and smile. 

He joined us for a kneeling prayer before he left and he got the Lydia hug treatment. Even though things seem kind of daunting for us here, I know that my local priesthood leader, my bishop, is ready and willing to help us. Not because it's his duty, but because he genuinely wants to.

I feel humbled and grateful to be in the Lanakila Ward. 

No comments: